Meston Group (Pty) Ltd with registration number [2016/216613/07] is a private company incorporated in the Republic of South Africa with its registered office situated at 13 Lesar Road, Fairleads, Benoni Gauteng. Meston Group (Pty) Ltd deals with marketing and involves the collection of Personal Information from individuals who may be interested in a specific type of service, and the sale of this personal information to our clients, who are businesses that provide services in the area for which the personal information was collected.
When we talk about “us”, “the Company”, “we”, and/or “our”, we mean Meston Group (Pty) Ltd. We are the operator of this website. When we talk about ‘you’, we mean the person using this website or services of this website or participating in any surveys, questionnaires or quizzes produced by this website. When we talk about ‘client’ we mean the business or businesses that engage or deal with us to purchase the information we collect. Our client(s) details are listed in the schedule.
‘Personal Data’ or ‘Personal Information’ means information or data relating to an identifiable, living natural person, and where applicable, an identifiable, existing juristic entity, including, but not limited to information relating to:
Race, gender, sex, pregnancy, marital status, national, ethic or social origin, colour, sexual information, age, physical or mental health, well-being, disability, religion, conscience, belief, culture, language and birth of the person; Education or the medical, financial, criminal or employment history of a person; Any identifying number, symbol, email address, physical address, telephone number, location information, online identifier or other particular assignment to the person; The biometric information of the person.
By providing us with your Personal Information, you:
You can browse our website anonymously, although cookies may be collected. You will not be able to access surveys or questionnaires anonymously.
COLLECTION OF DATA
We collect Personal Data about you when you give it to us or explicitly consent for it to be given to us. This generally occurs when you complete an online form, survey, quiz or questionnaire in which case you have chosen to consent to the collection and subsequent sale of your Personal Data.
We collect and process the minimum amount of information we need to be able to sell your details to our client, so that our client is able to contact you about their services and deliver effectively to you the service you have expressed interest in, or to fulfil a service contract, or to meet a legal obligation. How much Personal Data we collect depends on the type of service you have expressed an interest in.
We may process various categories of Personal Information such as:
- Identity Information, including information concerning your name, company name, identity and registration numbers, title, date of birth, gender, legal status, languages, physical address;
- Contact Information, which includes your billing address, service addresses, physical address, email address and telephone numbers;
- Technical Information, which includes your internet protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, operating system and platform on the devices you use to access our website, products and/or services;
- Transaction Details Concerning you as an individual, which includes your name, age, gender, address, telephone, mobile, fax, e-mail, contact details, proof of identity and address, copies of passports, driving licenses, utility bills, financial information, immovable property information and values, employment status your preferences and any other information provided to us by or in relation to you which concern you as an individual;
- Credit Information, to assess our transactional risk and your creditworthiness, including credit history reports from credit bureaus (with your consent where required in law) Business-related information, in the event that you are an individual associated with a business, enterprise or other organisation that is our customer, then your Personal Information may include the following information that we link to you:
- Your contact details within the business such as email address, physical address, fax number, telephone and mobile numbers; Your relationship within the business, enterprise or organisation; The businesses, enterprises or organisation’s details.
- Correspondences, including messages between you and us, and between us and third parties, including correspondences relating to any enquiry or performance of any contract;
- Usage Information which includes information as to your access to and use of our website, products and services;
- Marketing and Communications Information, which includes your preference in respect of receiving marketing information from us and your communication preferences.
Where we need to process your Personal Information, we will do so in the ordinary course of our business and for legitimate purposes.
It is very important to us to protect your Personal Data and to use it strictly in adherence with applicable privacy and data protection laws.
We will not seek sensitive Personal Data from you, such as health details or information revealing your religious beliefs or ethnic origin.
We may also use ‘cookies’ on our website to provide a way for the website to recognise you and keep a track of your preferences, and to enable you to contact us directly from the website. Cookies may also be used to optimise website speed for your convenience, to allow you to customize our web pages and so that you do not have to keep filling in your details repeatedly. We may collect information about your IP address and how you used our site. Cookies do not contain Personal Information, but they do contain a personal identifier allowing us to associate your Personal Information with a certain device
That data collected by cookies does not usually identify you, but may be combined with other information to identify you. If we identify you using information from cookies, we may use that information to track how you use our website and send you information more specific to your needs, or to invite you to purchase one of our services.
USE OF DATA
We sell your Personal Data to our clients who may use your Personal Data to contact you about products or services they deliver or sell. It allows us to align the products and services of our clients as closely as possible to your needs and situation. Our clients may then contact you to offer or market their services to you.
We may also process your usage data (your IP address, geographical location, manner in which you used our site etc.) for our legitimate business purpose of monitoring and improving our website.
We will also disclose your Personal Data where legally compelled to do so.
STORAGE AND DISCLOSURE OF DATA
The Personal Data you provide to us is stored on Google Sheets which has strict security to ensure data protection, integrity and confidentiality. While we do our best to ensure the security of your Personal Data, no storage is 100% secure and we cannot guarantee the safety of your Personal Data. From Google Sheets, your Personal Data is then transferred to our client. Such a transfer may include transfer of information across boarders depending on where the client is. This means your Personal Data may be transferred to, and stored, computers outside of your state or country and the data protection laws may be different from those where you live. By agreeing to this policy, you agree to such a transfer.
Personal Data is deleted from our storage at Google Sheets every 30 days. This means, if we have collected your Personal Data, we will delete it within 31 days.
COLLECTION OF DATA OF MINORS
We do not intend to collect the personal data of persons under the age of . If you are the guardian of a minor and suspect they may have provided us with their Personal Information, please contact us and request to have the minor’s personal information destroyed (use the contact information in the schedule below).
At your request, we will tell you what Personal Data about you is being processed, on what basis, and by whom. If you decide your Personal Data should not be processed for one or more purposes, you may withdraw your consent from us using your Personal Data in that way. Please note that we will action your request as soon as practically possible however such a request will not take effect immediately and you may still be contacted by our client in the meantime.
You may amend inaccurate, incomplete or outdated Personal Data at any time by applying directly to us using the contact information in the schedule below.
You may also request that all Personal Data we have collected about you be deleted from our records and erased from information stored by any third party organisations Processing Data on our behalf. We have implemented an ongoing destruction process so that any collected Personal Data is securely destroyed within 31 days of collection.
If the Personal Data we have collected about you is processed using automated means, you have the right to receive that data in a structured, machine-readable format and to transmit it to another data controller without hindrance.
You may further object to the processing of your Personal Data for a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) under conditions where you feel it impacts your fundemental rights and freedoms.
You may also withdraw consent given in respect of the processing of your Personal Data at any time. Withdrawal of consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before your withdrawal notice. But may not affect the continued processing of your Personal Information in instances where your consent is not required.
QUERIES, COMPLAINTS AND INFORMATION REGULATOR
If you feel our attempts at resolving the matter have been inadequate, you may lodge a complaint with the South African Information Regulator through their website, https:www.justice.gov.za/inforeg/.
If you are located outside of South Africa, you may contact the appropriate regulatory authority in your country of domicile.
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
OUR CONTACT DETAILS
If you have questions about your information we hold or how we use it, please contact our Information Officer via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org